Job title: MACHINE ADJUSTER
Job location: Mississauga, On
Start date: As soon as possible
Our client is looking for a talented Machine adjuster for their plants in Woodstock.
* We are looking for mechanically inclined Trainees.
The envelope Machine Adjuster is responsible for setting up and running of envelope machines.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Set up and run envelope machine for maximum efficiency and top quality
- Work with Flexographic printing
- Adjust machine for optimum product quality and machine speed
- Inspect product on start-up and throughout run
- Work closely with machine Operator to ensure machine starts up safely & runs good quality product
- Feed machine with raw materials: paper, gum and ink
- Perform maintenance on machine
- Use mechanical tools and read measuring devices
- Other duties as assigned
Trainees will learn:
- The components & sections of an envelope machine and how it runs:
feeder, printing unit, panel cutter & window die, collator, seal gummer, drier chains, aligner, scores, folder, gummer unit, delivery unit, etc.
- Startup & shut down procedures
- How to set up a job on an envelope machine: size changes, window set-up, etc.
- Fine adjustments for high speeds
- Various papers & inks
- Maintenance and Repair
Qualifications and requirements
- Must have at least 1-2 years experience in the same field
- Excellent mechanical aptitude a must (may like to work on cars or renovations, or have experience working in a car repair shop/garage, oils changes, etc.)
- Paper converting / printing knowledge in related industries ideal, but not required (print, newspaper, folding cartons, paper packaging, etc.)
- Ability to work independently to trouble shoot and solve mechanical problems
- Skilled Trades College Program (Mechanical, Automotive, Millwright, etc.) a definite asset. Machinist or CNC not the right fit.
- Ability to differentiate all colors
- Punctual and reliable
- Excellent communication skills required
- Willingness to learn and show initiative
- Willing to work rotating shift work: days, afternoons and nights
- Willingness to work overtime when needed
- Must have safety shoes
Working conditions and benefits:
- Starting Hourly Rate: $18.03/hr + $0.90 off-shift premium ( when applicable)
- 8-hour shift (paid ½ hr lunch)
- Target pay rate: $24-26/hr (pay progression based on skills assessment program. Progression expected over approximately 2-4 years). Further earning potential available for those who develop their skills & competencies to be “go-to” Adjusters who can do the best set-ups, troubleshoot difficult problems, perform major maintenance, etc.
- Excellent group benefits (Health, Dental, Life Insurance after 3 months. Disability Insurance after 12 months)
- Pension plan (after 6-12 months)
- Employee Profit Sharing Program