Job title: MACHINE OPERATORS
Job location: Mississauga, On
Schedule: Full time
Start date: As soon as possible
Our client, a leader in plastic extrusion is looking for talented machine operator Trainees. The company is located in Mississauga (Derry and Tomken Rd.) An opportunity to be part of a growing and dynamic organization. Our client, unique in Canada is facing significant expansion and will train mechanically inclined candidates. The company is located at Derry & Tomken offers a PROFIT SHARING program for all its employees.
You must be mechanically inclined with mechanical aptitudes to apply for this position and enjoy to work with your hands
Machine Operator Trainees will learn:
- How to set up equipment, job changes, size changes.
- Start up & shut down procedures
- Work on production extrusion lines
- Fine adjustments for high speeds
- Various papers & inks
- Maintenance and Repair
Rotating shift 8hrs:
Morning 7:30 to 15:30
Afternoon: 15:30 to 23:30
Night: 23.30 to 7:30
Monday to Friday
The shifts move every 2 weeks
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs daily production activities on plastic extrusion lines.
- Orientation and ability to follow complex systems with attention to details.
- Adhere to procedures and work Instructions.
- Executes the job changes in extrusion lines and downstream equipment.
- Adjusts and inputs machine controls parameters as needed to complete the set ups.
- Maintains the order of all tools and equipment related with the production lines in charge.
- Completes quality control records in a timely manner including production reports and ensuring that the shift changes are done effectively.
- Ensures and enforces that all safety devices are working properly.
- Follows the food safety guidelines established and executes cleaning and sanitation based in food safety protocols.
Qualifications and requirements
- Operates under detailed instructions and specifications, but requires considerable ingenuity to improvise and adapt when necessary.
- Should have mechanical skills and ability to follow start ups procedures with attention to details and feel comfortable with production activities.
- Have positive attitude and strong ability to work under pressure with others in a fast paced and team based environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and able to execute repetitive movements.
- Comfortable with a combination standing and sitting.
- Good understanding of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Experience as mechanical operator, assembler, set-up, process technician or related experiences in the manufacturing sector is preferred.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent (grade 10 plus documented experience in the field).
- Willingness to learn.
*The Company offers a salary of $19-20/hr + plus full benefits, BIG PROFIT SHARING, an attendance incentive program and an excellent working environment UNIQUE IN CANADA.*
The position comes with profit sharing program:
Contact personPhillipe Mercure