Job title: ELECTRO-MECHANIC TECHNICIAN
Job location: Mississauga, On
Start date: As soon as possible
Our client, a leader in plastic extrusion is looking for a talented Electro Mechanical Technician. The company is located in Mississauga (Derry and Tomken Rd.) An opportunity to be part of a growing and dynamic organization. Our client, unique in Canada is facing significant expansion and will train mechanically inclined candidates.
You must have 2 years of experience minimum as an electro-mechanic technician to apply for this position and enjoy working with your hands.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs daily routine, corrective and preventative maintenance, troubleshooting on plastic extrusion lines, downstream equipment and packaging machines.
- Orientation and ability to follow complex systems with attention to details.
- Operates under detailed instructions and specifications and requires considerable ingenuity to improvise and adapt when necessary.
- Employ a proactive approach to problem-solving and feel comfortable with hot machinery.
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe production environment based on local regulations and codes including all tools and equipment related with the maintenance department.
- Ensures and enforces that all safety devices are working properly and follows the food safety protocols.
- Completes records and paperwork in a timely manner including preventive maintenance reports and work orders.
- Have positive attitude and strong ability to work under pressure with others in a fast paced and team-based environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Qualifications and requirements
Required Experience and Education:
- Electrical and Millwright license OR extensive experience in industrial electricity and mechanics in an environment dealing with rotating equipment, power transmission systems, motion control, welding and machining.
- Should have strong mechanical, electrical skills. Automation skills is a great asset.
- Orientation to precision reparations, ability to troubleshoot.
- Preference will be given to those candidates with 5 years experience in electro mechanical equipment, including plastics transforming, industrial automation and fabrication.
- Good understanding of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent willingness to learn.
- Able to respond to the needs of a multi-shift operation, including weekends.
- The position requires rotation shifts every 2 weeks (day, afternoon and nights)
- Ability to work under pressure in a high paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability to overcome challenges and successfully execute projects.
Working conditions and benefits
- THE COMPANY offers great benefits, salary and an excellent working environment.
- Salary between $29/hr-31$/hr plus full benefits, BIG PROFIT SHARING, an attendance incentive program and an excellent working environment UNIQUE IN CANADA. *
- Competent and dynamic co-workers
- Rotating shift 8hrs: (Monday to Friday)
Morning 7:30 to 15:30
Afternoon: 15:30 to 23:30
Night: 23.30 to 7:30
*** the shifts move every 2 weeks